Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Did You Know That Thanksgiving Brings You Wealth?

Here we are...Thanksgiving '07 already. How the time does fly! If you don't mind, I'm going to wax philosophic for this post...in a constructive and interesting way, I hope!

Thanksgiving. Thanks. Giving.

Let's focus on the first half of the term. Thanks. Gratitude. Appreciation.

No matter what your situation, you should be able to examine your life and find some aspects (if not most aspects) of your life to be grateful for. Love. Friendship. Career objectives being pursued and met. The smile of your son or daughter. The cold, wet nose of your four-legged pal. Hope for the future. All good things. By all means, the best of things.

Gratitude is a funny thing. The more you appreciate what you have, the richer you feel. The more thankful you are, the more good things that come your way. The Powers that be like to know that you respect, understand and care for everything they bestow upon you. By showing your gratification, it tells them that it's OK to send some more your way.

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."
-Cicero

I know that there are times when I've felt overwhelmed by good fortune. I was truly and honestly grateful for everything coming my way...and then-

I grew complacent. Took everything for granted. Felt like I was owed something.

And then I knew scarcity, and the fear that comes with it.

Now the second part of the term - giving.

Any of us brought up in a Christian faith remember being told things like "The Lord loves a cheerful giver" and "Tithe faithfully, you'll be rewarded tenfold." Etc. etc.

The older I get, the truer those statements become. Not in the strictly literal translation of giving money to some particular religious institution, but tithing in the Karmic sense. Paying it forward. Random acts of kindness. The times I've enjoyed the most prosperity are the times I've been the most generous to the world around me.

Dropping coins into the red kettle at Christmas. Giving a sawbuck to the couple with the cardboard sign on the freeway off-ramp. Volunteering for something that is meaningful to YOU. Heartfelt generosity in all of its forms brings so much good back to you that it's almost immeasurable.

The key to this is your intention. I know I've probably been rooked into giving money to someone who didn't really need. They were just lazy or dishonest and I was an easy mark.

But here's the thing-I still did a good deed. The bad vibes come back on them, not me. And I'd rather give money to ten people who didn't really need than risk ignoring the one person who depended on my five dollars to eat that night, or to have a warm place to sleep.

SO for those few who are still left reading, who haven't given up on this yet, I'll answer the question "What the hell does this have to do with my making more money?!?"

Gentle reader, in order to restore your success or bolster and improve your success, you must realign yourself with the positive forces of life. Gratitude and generosity in honest everyday practice will bring what you desire in multitudes, my friend. Give, and ye shall receive.

As this holiday season begins...and this year of 2007 winds down, adjust you mindset back to the balance of give and take. Your bankbook will thank you for it.

Thanks. Giving. Thanks for giving me a chance to stand on the old soapbox. I'm grateful for all of you out there. I wish nothing but blessings and prosperity to you and yours for the Holiday Season and the coming year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Warmly,

Dan Heaman, CFSP
The Guerrilla Director

PS - I'm especially grateful to all of you who have contacted me and asked me to work with you for your business. Cheers to you, together 2008 should be our best year yet!

No comments: