Friday, July 18, 2008

How the mighty fall....

Cool tidings, all!

I've been watching (with an slightly amused smile) the saga of the Cassitys and National Prearranged Services/Forever Enterprises....

Tee hee.

But before I rant too much, to be totally upfront I must say that I admire their amazing command of media manipulation...they knew who to spread the dollars to and when.

Disagree with me? Approach HBO and see how much it might cost you to have a documentary done about your firm, and then come talk to me.

And some of the less astute experts of our field who extolled the merits of these particular businessmen, well, they didn't examine the Forever Group much beyond the surface, did they?

Anyone who dealt with them as competitors or even just as interested outside observers could have told you their days were numbered.

Their business practices just didn't add up for a long term presence. They were quick buck artists that were robbing Peter to pay Paul. And I pity anyone who fell for the spiel from one of the tarts they sent around to prey on the embattled funeral home owner with promises of God only knows what...

Another black eye on our industry, courtesy of the Cassity family.

When are we gonna learn?

Dan

No comments: