Thursday, October 8, 2009

Whew! A long vacation even for me!

Greetings and salutations friends!

That is, if there are any still out there!

I've been focusing on my PAYING writing gigs since the spring...copywriting and articles out the wazoo. (including being asked to be the ONLY English-speaking contributor to an international funeral director's publication!)

How 'bout them apples, huh?

It is good to be back. As you have come to expect from me, I have continued to further my skills, push the envelope, expand my horizons...

Here's what I have been pondering lately...

What is the difference between Disney and Six Flags?

One is thriving...the other struggles.

One satisfies...the other tries.

Why is it that people don't seem to mind ponying up $100 dollars a day for one, but gripe and moan about the other charging less than half that?

Most importantly, what do we learn from this?

How can you translate the magic of Disney and incorporate it into funeral service?

I have some ideas.

You probably should, too.

Disney sure does...do you want to compete with them?

Let's talk about this, shall we?

In the meantime, talk a cyberstroll over to my re-launched website at

http://danielheaman.com.

I've put the old Guerrilla Director website to pasture...but the spirit endures!

The seasons have turned, the time of year that always stirs my soul.

The season of harvest, time to reap what you've sown this year.

If the harvest is on the skimpy side, maybe you and I should talk.

Fertile minds working together can't hardly lose!

It's good to be back, kids!

As always, toasting your success!

Dan Heaman, CFSP
The director formerly known as the guerrilla

PS - I've got a couple of good articles in the October trade magazines out now...The Director and Funeral Business Advisor. Check 'em out~

No comments: